Atonement Lutheran School
As we nurture seeds of faith, we believe:
- Students are uniquely gifted by God.
- Spiritual and character development, nurtured through God’s Word and Christian role models, support and strengthens a student’s relationship with their Savior and others.
- Students excel when curricula and attitudes support character development, Christian values and relevant life skills.
And seeds of knowledge:
- A learning environment rich in hands on activities and time to discover supports and respects the developmental needs and abilities of all learners.
- Educational theorists and brain research support this belief.
- All students need a balanced, age appropriate education where all areas of growth are supported- spiritual, social, physical, creative and academic.
- All students learn through activities that allow for the construction of knowledge. Strong basic cognitive skills and the opportunities to explore, experiment and create provide a clear pathway for academic success and a love of learning.
- All students respond to a curriculum that is challenging and addresses their individual learning styles and abilities.
- Families have the most influence on a child’s development and school success, therefore communication and collaboration between School staff and the home is essential.
Our Mission Statement
Nurturing Seeds of Faith and Knowledge.
Atonement Lutheran seeks to assist parents in the Northwest Valley as they raise their children to know and apply God’s Word and prepare them to live in the world successfully and in God’s Kingdom eternally.
Ever Christian, Atonement will inspire and empower every child, every day, to grow as a student and individual. We will achieve this by recruiting, retaining and developing the best faculty; prioritizing experiential learning; maintaining smaller class sizes; nurturing a culture where older students mentor younger students; and engaging families of diverse backgrounds. We will be the school of choice for families across Phoenix.