An Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) is an account established to provide an education for qualified students. The program’s main purpose is to provide options for parents to freely choose how and where to educate their children with financial assistance from the state.
Students who are eligible usually fall under one these categories:
- A student who attended a public school for the first 100 days of the school year
- Kindergarten students 5 yrs old before September 1st
- Students currently receiving STO scholarship under the Displaced and Disabled category
- Active duty member of the military
- Student is attending a D or F rated school
- Student has a disability that is recognized by the public school system
Please see Arizona Department of Education website for eligibility requirements.
Recipients of ESA may not accept any School Tuition Organization (STO) scholarship or any tax credit scholarship